This page summarises some of the key dates that you need to be aware of in your first weeks at Brasenose. The JCR are also preparing a timetable summarising the events in Freshers’ Week, which will be circulated as soon as it is available.
Academic induction meetings with your college tutors and/or in your departments may take place at any time during the week. A timetable showing details of these meetings, some or all of which are likely to take place online, will be available nearer the time.
Monday 11th October
- Arrival/Moving In: you should now have received information about booking a moving in slot, which are mainly on Saturday 9th, Sunday 10th and Monday 11th. We anticipate that all freshers will be in residence by 5pm on Monday 11th.
- Quarantine: if you are an international student who needs to quarantine upon arrival to the UK, you should be aware of the arrangements. We anticipate that you will be able to move into college early enough to have completed your quarantine period by Monday 11th.
- Parking: you can park on Radcliffe Square whilst unloading your things and bringing them in to Brasenose. However, space in the square is limited so we would be grateful if cars could be moved to a car park as soon as possible to avoid congestion. Parking in Radcliffe Square will be monitored by a member of College staff.
Tuesday 7th October
- Introductory Meetings with Tutors: this afternoon, between 2pm and 4pm, is traditionally when time is set aside for you to meet with your tutors and discuss your course. Your tutors will contact you with details of exactly when and how to meet (which may be online or in person), and attendance at these meetings is compulsory.
Please note that time has also been set aside on the afternoon of Thursday 13th (from 2pm) for meetings with tutors. You may have meetings on either day, both days, or at other times, depending on your course.
Saturday 23rd October
- Matriculation: this is the formal ceremony by which you become a full member of Oxford University. We will contact you with further details as soon as they are available.