This page summarises some of the key dates that you need to be aware of in your first weeks at Brasenose. The JCR have prepared a timetable summarising the events in Freshers’ Week, this can be found here.
Academic induction meetings with your college tutors and/or in your departments may take place at any time during the week. A timetable showing details of these meetings, some which may take place online, is available here.
Monday 4th October
- Arrival: this is the day when you should arrive at college and move into your accommodation. To reduce congestion outside Brasenose we would be grateful if those living within 2 hours’ drive of Oxford could arrive between 9am and 1pm, and those living further away aimed to arrive between 1pm and 5pm (if this is not possible please do not worry). Those from outside the UK can arrive at any time. On arrival, we would suggest that you collect your keys and complete your registration with the College before unpacking your car.
- Parking: you can park on Radcliffe Square whilst unloading your things and bringing them in to Brasenose. However, space in the square is limited so we would be grateful if cars could be moved to a car park as soon as possible to avoid congestion. Parking in Radcliffe Square will be monitored by a member of College staff.
- Welcome Meeting: the first formal requirement today is a meeting at 5pm in the Hall. This will involve talks on Welfare and Fire Safety in Brasenose, and is compulsory.
Early Arrival: if you need to arrive earlier than Monday 4th please let us know as soon as possible. This includes international students who may need to complete a period of quarantine in college accommodation.
Tuesday 5th October
- Introductory Meetings with Tutors: this afternoon, between 2pm and 4pm, is traditionally when time is set aside for you to meet with your tutors and discuss your course. A timetable of these meetings is available here.
Please note that time has also been set aside on the afternoon of Thursday 7th (from 2pm) for meetings with tutors. You may have meetings on either day, both days, or at other times, depending on your course.
- Undergraduate Freshers’ Dinner: this event will be held in the evening and is your first opportunity to experience a formal dinner in Oxford, as well as a chance to get to know your fellow students and some of your tutors. You will be asked to provide dietary information when returning your College Contracts (see the next steps page), which will allow us to cater for everyone. Further details on timings will be circulated on the day.
Friday 8th October
- Medical Registration: Starting at 10am in the Hall, this is a talk from the College Doctors to complete your registration as a patient with them. It is very important that you attend this session.
Please ensure that you have completed the medical registration process prior to arriving at Brasenose (see point 3 of the Next Steps page for more).
Saturday 16th October
- Matriculation: this is the formal ceremony by which you become a full member of Oxford University. We will contact you with further details as soon as they are available.